Monday 12 July 2010

Things That Inspire Me


Have you ever sat down and thought what it is that inspires you? What is it that you love and affects the way you live your life, the way you dress etc.? Today was the day when I actually thought about what inspires me and why, and so to document this I've decided to put a collection of images, videos and articles which have especially inspired me over the past 6 months or so.

Back in January I did a post on 1940's fashion on a budget and included a clip from The Notebook. Little did I know that this film would have such a detrimental effect on me and how I view life. So this is number one of my inspirational nibblets - not only did I find their fashion just so clean cut and sexy, but it was also their manorisms during this period which most of us don't do nowadays. I'm talking romance and dancing, fairground rides and boat rides out on lakes. The story of The Notebook is just so hopelessly romantic and beautiful, I challenge anyone not to be affected by it, as it's also about different social classes and two people who have to overcome ths to be together.



The final thing which inspired me the most was the love of the two people throughout the film. Even during the end when dementia takes over, Noah still reads to Alli to bring back her memory and gets so upset when she forgets, it really was upsetting at the end!



Other things which insire include:

Pink : Sunshine : Flowers : New York : City living : Wedges : The high street : Magazines : Catwalks : Nature : Jewels : Little trinkets : Women : Books : Romance : Architecture : French living : Fur : Hearts : Stripes : Heels : Sun rise and sun set : Jeans : Glamour : The red carpet : Curls : Fun : Holiday fever.

This sums up how I feel at the moment:



Other sources of inspiration include:

Sex and the City 2




Dita Von Tease



Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did putting it together!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails