Tuesday 1 June 2010

Skegness!

Well I got back from Skegness yesterday and for any of you who don't know what Skegness is like, picture: salty air, arcade machines, loud bass music, noisy modified cars going by every 5 minutes, fish and chips and cold weather. If you can picture this and like the thought of it, definitely go to Skegness! 


As soon as we got there I had to put on 4 layers which included a fleece and coat, and also leggings underneath my jeans - it was absoultely FREEZING! It said it was supposed to be 17 degrees but it felt more like 10 below this :( Here are some pictures I got along the way. Also, sorry about the poor quality, I can't find my camera and so had to take piccys with my 2 mp camera phone...


The Arcade along the main strip - open from at least 9am until very very late. It was huge and I swear some of the people in there had been sat on the same seats for hours. After collecting something like 450 tickets I got a cute pink picture frame and a Union Jack key ring! Awesome. Also, I wasn't supposed to be taking photos in here... Naughty me, never mind!

This is the beach front looking at the roller coaster at Pleasure Beach. Although the town bit is a bit boring after a while, the beach has a sort of traditional feel about it and it was nice to just sit here and look at the sea.

The beach! It actually looks really nice and was quite empty by the time we got there. It was absolutely freezing though. The little boy in the picture is James' little 5 year old nephew. The big clouds rained out at sea rather than on us which was a plus haha. You can also see the wind farm which is about 1/2 mile out at sea. They were actually quite fascinating to look at.


James on one of the Racing arcade machines. I refused to go on any of these but I had loads of fun on the 2p machines.

The view from the top of an open-top bus! Even though I was frozen sat on here, it was still really fun and you couldn't turn down this!

One of the huge roller coasters seen from the open-top bus near Ingoldmells. No one would go on them with me though... 

More of the rides at Ingoldmells, with Denise in the picture! You can also see a pyramid on the left, reminds me of Vegas - Skegvegas!

The clock tower at Skegness. Look how busy it is! Out hotel was a little further down from this bit and we spent a lot of the time around this area with donuts, rock and fish and chips. Yummy.

Billy Butlin at the railway station. By the time we were on our way back, both of us were so so tired and glad to be going home. You really do appreciate living in a city rather than near the beach, it's so much warmer back home!

The blue wind shelters on the beach in Skegness. They had a sort of rustic feel about them that takes you back some decades and made me think about what it was like in the 1930's and 40's.

Hope you had a good bank holiday weekend, roll on the next!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails