Wednesday 30 September 2009

Making your room your own





The above pictures are of my new room at university which is not completely finished yet but is on the way to be my new safe place. Here's a few things which are next on my agenda to do:

  • Buy some plants. These make the room more serene and gives you something to look after. It also produces much needed oxygen during the night time while you sleep!  
  • Buy some posters. This give your room a personal touch as you more than likely know the rooms are built for functionality only. Fresher's Fair my provide some nice pictures for your walls or you could go to somewhere like HMV, Virgin etc.
  • Some photos of family and friends back home. I get quite home sick and so I am in the process of printing some photos of loved ones from back home to put on the wall.
  • Cushions/throws. These make your bed comfy at night but also into a sofa in the day for when your friends come round.   
  • Fairy lights! These instantly make the room feel cosy and it on my list to get.  
  • Pinning up all the flyers I have acquired over the last week and a half onto my notice board.
  • Arrange my teddies that I brought. There were a few given to me before I left and I intend on arranging this on view or on my bed so it reminds me of home.
What ways do you make your room your own?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails