Friday 5 March 2010

10 Beauty Buys

Image thanks to loleia




Don't you just love spring? I think my brain has finally realised that, as it's been slightly warmer than it has been, it's coming up to spring and I can't wait! I hate being cold and this winter feels like it's gone on forever! But, needless to say, there are some essential beauty products which every girl shouldn't do without, be it spring, summer, autumn or winter. So, I've put a list together of everything I make sure I have in my make up bag as I always feel lost without them.


False Eyelashes - Even though this may not seem like an obvious beauty buy, wearing false eyelashes really do transform your look. Wear them on a big night out or date, as they instantly add a glamorous streak to your look. The best thing to do is apply liquid eye liner above your own eyelashes and wait for this to dry, then apply your false eyelashes. This covers up any gaps or errors which can come with applying them.


Dry shampoo - A must-have for in-between washes. It works by soaking up any grease build up in your hair and makes your hair look gorgeous without having to wash. Especially useful for those who have fringes. If you don't fancy shedding out for dry shampoo, talcum powder also does the job just as well. Make sure you brush your hair thoroughly after otherwise you may end up looking grey!


Nail varnish remover - I have to say that although I have my off days, I always make sure any nail varnish which has chipped is removed a.s.a.p. There's nothing worse than seeing chipped nail varnish, it annoys the hell out of me when it's mine and I hate seeing it on other people too. So just remove it! 


SPF moisturiser - Even though we may not realise, the sun can damage our skin in throughout the whole of the year and so applying moisturiser with added SPF can really go lengths to protecting our skin. I use tinted moisturiser with SPF protection which gives me a healthy glow as well as nourishing my skin and saves the use of foundation. I am loving Benefit tinted moisturiser and concealer at the moment, although it's a tad expensive, it's well worth it. 


Face wipes - These are great for refreshing your skin whether it be during the day or just before bed. Face wipes work great for removing make up too, I don't know about you but I hate going to bed knowing there is still make up on my face!


Tweezerman tweezers - Although they aren't the cheapest, I have to say that Tweezerman are the best. Every girl should have these, they allow for accurate prodding and plucking!


Heat protection spray - Our hair goes through so much in our attempts at making it look good, especially from drying, curling and straightening. That's why I always use heat protection spray to minimize the effects of heat and the damage it causes. Many a time have I come across split ends after slacking on the spray and so have decided to never forget, no matter now lazy I am!


Lip balm with SPF - We always remember to look after our skin and the damage that the sun can cause to it, but not necessarily our lips. Long term damage can occur to our lips, causing them to look dry and chapped. Nivea and other beauty brands have lip balms which now contain SPF so that our lips are protected whilst being soft.


Face packs - the ultimate in treating yourself! Face packs not only refresh your skin but they help to deep cleanse, and smell lovely! 

Body Scrubs - Body Shop do some absolutely lovely body scrubs which leave your skin feeling soft and smooth as well as cleansed. I particularly like the apricot flavour. Although they aren't cheap, they are a worthy buy as they last for aaaages!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails