Tuesday 16 February 2010

How to spruce up your hair!

Image thanks to alexsandro

Previously I brushed over hairstyles to flatter your face shape but I realised that maybe some of you don't want to have a whole new style or colour. That's why I have a few different ideas to spruce up your hair, without having to spend lots of money, and that goes with any outfit!

Wear hair accessories. Although I don't necessarily wear hair accessories all the time, I still have a small collection of headbands, bandanas, clips and the odd flower and so when I feel bored, I have these to play with. You could even customise one of your headbands if you're bored of it by adding sequins, feathers, fabric, etc. with a little bit of glue. You could even make your own from scratch. Adding these little extra details to your look can make such a big difference!


Wear a hat. As I stated above, I also have a selection of hats and although I don't wear them very often, it still gives me the choice to spruce up my hair and outfit. Berets, beanies, summer hats, you name it, they all look great and can be mixed and matched with your outfits. Wear a straw summer hat for spring with light dresses and skirts and cardies and the flowing hair. Berets look awesome with the nautical and Paris style look, with red, white and blue stripes, anchor accessories and killer heels. Sleek hair to go. Let your imagination run wild!


Play around with hair extensions. And you don't have to break the bank by having them! I have hair extensions that cost me all but £40 and have lasted almost a year so far and many more to come. You don't need to shed out hundreds of pounds for permanent extensions, why not get glue-in or clip in extensions? Try different colours and lengths to make your 'do more exciting.


Mousse it up. Flip your hair upside down and add lots of mousse to the roots. Now flip it back to normal and you have instant volume! Go for the messy look with mousse and hairspray to instantly give you a rugged-just-out-of-bed look! Tease it a little to perfect your look. Or if you want to go really wild, gel it rigid into any funky style you can think of.


Tie it back. Or pin your hair up! Try the beehive, wrap bits of hair around your pony tail, pull bits down, just have a play around. This will give your hair a little variety.


Curl it/straighten it. By doing either of these you instantly transform your hair into a whole new style, which can be easily changed back. Just make sure you use hair pretection spray to stop it from being damaged.

Hope this helps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails