Friday 15 January 2010

Getting The Most Out of Life



Although this is rather late, I have decided to post my New Year's resolutions for this year. 2009 has meant a huge lifestyle change for me as you may have guessed, that's right, going from full-time work to full-time student. I am vowing to make the most of my new life and I hope this is reflected in my resolutions. Let me know what you guys think!

1. Enjoy life more.

Last year, and especially last month, was hectic with all the assignments due and it meant less time to enjoy the things you take for granted. From relaxing on my bed while reading a book to walking to university the scenic way, I realised that I was just existing and not enjoying myself. Even the little things like getting my hair cut regularly were neglected.

2. See more of family and friends.

As I brushed upon on #1 I had little time to myself. I also felt time with friends and family came low on the list and I neglected my friends. That is why this year I intend to balance work, university and relationships rather than one coming before the other.

3. Have a healthier lifestyle.

Not only did I neglect relationships, but I also neglected myself. My new years resolution is to join the gym at university which is a mere £15 per month, and improve my eating habits. This includes making my own home made soups and food to treating myself now and then to hair cuts and beauty treatments. You should to!!

4. Look after the pennies.

If I honour this resulution, it = more money to spend on little luxuries! My one time past time which I wish I could do more of is shopping. To be more specific, to look after the pennies I will cut down on takeaways which are bad bad bad (and only to be enjoyed as a treat now and then!) to getting the most out of my student discount card!! Have a look at this website which you may found interesting.

5. And finally... Learn something new.

I have been thinking a lot about my career after university and have been thinking about teaching. So, I have decided to get work experience in any locals schools I can to see what llife is like for teachers in primary schools!


That's it for now, what are your new years resolutions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails