Saturday 31 October 2009

Funky Moped > Car

Image thanks to dimitri_c 


Why get a Moped I hear you ask?? 


Well, it's been on my mind recently and in my quest to save money wherever possible, I have booked my CBT test and plan on getting a scooter in the next few weeks! And I want to share what I have found out with you.


So this is how it works:


You buy a moped second hand for about £400, scooter probably around £600. Fill the tank on £3-5 which takes you 80 miles, insurance costs around £150/year for moped and £200 for scooter (based on me - a female who has never driven a scooter before and is 21 and living in an area with relatively high crime haha), tax is £15/year and that's it! Make sure you buy all the protective gear which I am going to be doing and away you go. So, in total for me the costs will be £600 one off payment and then about £215 up keep per year plus petrol on top. Compare this to car and it's going to save me a bomb. Also compare this to bus even and I would be saving about £700 per year tops, if I were commuting to university every day. 


What do you think?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails